With Halloween just around the corner, Talk of the Town has a super-easy dinner idea to get those kids filled up before hitting the trick-or-treating route! We’ve also included an easy and delicious Halloween party treat that can be done with kids and adults alike.
No Tricks – Just One Treat of an Easy Halloween Dinner.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Breasts
- 5 pounds chicken breasts (frozen)
- 12 ounces (1 bottle) BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salsa dressing
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients
- Pour over the chicken
- Cook on High for 3-4 hours or on low for 6 hours
- Shred chicken with two forks and serve on ciabatta or French rolls
Family Fun Strawberry Ghosts
- 30 fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Stir in extract.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts’ tails. Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes. Freeze 5 minutes.
- In microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and draw a mouth on each ghost. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 2-1/2 dozen